Vote For Change, Vote Coleen Rowley

Local activists blog for congressional candidate Coleen Rowley (D)

Friday, August 11, 2006

John Kline Avoids The Issues

I said I would try to sort out this brouhaha, and so now I shall. Well, try that is. I make no promises. Just let me say that I have no intentions of staying the course. Whatever the hell that is suppose to mean. I wonder if it is along the same vein as "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I guess failure is also in the eye of the beholder. And Bush, Kline, Lieberman and company just are not beholding any failure.

Anyway, if I wanted to get myself re-elected, I would certainly not start by getting all shrill over an unpaid campaign blogger's actions before becoming a member of said campaign.

You all go ahead and read the fun and games.

Oh, and sorry David. An unpaid Research and Communications Director. Though, I have to admit, it is a nice title. I guess if you are not going to get paid, best to get a nice, long, fancy title. Gee, do you think maybe had you had that title when you first went into Kline's campaign headquarter, you might have garnered a little more of a response then hearsay? And where can I get a nice, fancy title like that?

But I digress.

Oh, and you all did read the two links above, right? Sure you did. You all being well behaved blog readers and all.

But I still digress.

So, anyway, in an effort to discredit the Coleen Rowely campaign the John Kline campaign make some claim that a future member of her campaign administration attempted to make a donation?

That is it? Some one, not at that time a member of any campaign, who, in an attempt to find an answer for a question, is willing to donate to their campaign but is instead rebuffed and sent out empty handed?!

<snark>Whoa there. That's just so damn vile! I am disgusted. Nay! I am sickened. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are threatening to stain my carpet. By God, take that man behind the woodshed and teach him a lesson he will not soon forget.</snark>

Okay, I am better. It is just so maddening to have to witness blatantly childish school yard tactics from the campaign of a once honorable, and highly decorated, Marine.

Let me explain something; if there is one thing I recognize, it is repeated patterns of behavior. It is my job. Especially those patterns that are destructive. And this particular pattern has been evident in GOP campaigns since 1999. And it coincides with another pattern, a personal pattern of Mr Kline's.

It starts at the tail end of his service, when he had to follow a President around while holding onto a brief case. Then, when elected to State Representative, he again followed in the footsteps of a President, voting almost in lockstep to the administration. Now, we see that, again, he follows blindly in the path of a President, using well known and well established Rovian campaign tactics of shrill accusations as misdirection. All for the express purpose of hiding the truth about his terms in office: that far from furnishing any legitimate leadership, he has been a circus elephant led around by a rope.

What a sad, sad state of affairs. A decorated, once honorable Marine, now nothing more than a pachyderm version of a mule led by the nose.

I guess it would seem that decorated, honorable service does not necessarily carry over into public service.

Cross posted at Rook's Rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home